Criteria & Application Process
Eligibility Criteria and Selection of Candidates
- This fellowship is only open to U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Nominees must be Ph.D. students who have achieved candidacy by the time of nomination (6/8/2020).
- Nominees must be enrolled during both terms of the award (Fall 2020 and Winter 2021).
- Three (3) Ph.D. students will be chosen for the award.
- The Selection Committee will determine the awardees in July 2020.
Department/Program Nomination Process
- Nominations for the 2020-2021 academic year are closed.
- Each department/program is allowed to submit up to three (3) nominations.
- Allowing nominations from both faculty and students is encouraged, including student self-nominations.
- Graduate Chairs must submit all the nomination materials as one PDF file, which includes:
- One (1) letter of recommendation
- Description of student’s research
- Academic transcript
Award and Responsibilities
The award recipients will receive full tuition, stipend, and healthcare for two semesters. The students’ names will appear on the Beyster Fellows plaque, located in Tishman Hall of the Bob and Betty Beyster Building.
The Beyster Fellows must complete the following responsibilities in association with their award:
- Provide information for a profile on the Beyster Impact website.
- Provide a written summary of their work upon completion of the fellowship.
- Discuss their research during a conference call with a Beyster representative.
- Provide a link to their abstract and/or dissertation for the Beyster family.
Please direct any questions to Tiffany Porties at firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 647-0599.